Sore throat is a very common medical complaint that can affect anyone of any age group. There are many products available that are specially formulated to relieve and treat this ailment. But you can also treat your sore throat through natural remedies. Here in this article, you will find how to ease throat pain and irritation through home treatments.
Below are some of the commonly used home remedies for sore throat. The ingredients used in these home remedies are completely natural and herbal and can be easily found in your kitchen cabinet or garden.
1. Gargling with alum (phitkari) is an effective home remedies for sore throat. Mix two grams alum in half a glass of warm water. Gargle with this water. This relieves swelling and throat pain.
2. Boil ten grams of bishop’s weed (ajwain) in 500 grams of water for 15 minutes. Allow it to cool, then add two pinches of salt and gargle two times a day. This expels excessive mucous. This is another effective sore throat remedies.
3. Grind and mix dry fruits of Indian gooseberry (amla) and liquorice (mulethi) in equal quantities. Take this mixture one teaspoonful twice a day, in the morning and evening for two weeks. You can also take six grams of this mixture along with an equivalent amount of sugar candy with250 grams of milk. This is beneficial in relieving sore throat.
4. To get relief from throat pain and irritation, mix dry coriander (dhaniya) and sugar in equal quantities and chew one teaspoonful of it twice or thrice a day.
5. Pineapple juice is another useful home remedy for sore throat, but consume in small amounts at frequent intervals.
6. Herbs such as ginger (adrak), garlic (lahsun) and holy basil (tulsi) show beneficial effects in this condition. You can take any of these herbs and grind its juice. Take the juice along with a teaspoon of honey. These ease throat irritation and pain.