Allium ‘Serendipity’ from Proven Winners is a unique, dwarf variety of ornamental onion that is prized for its compact size and long-lasting bursts of pinkish-purple flowers. This hardy perennial is easy to care for and low maintenance – it’s perfect for adding late summer color to containers or smaller spaces in your garden. To get the best results from Allium ‘Serendipity’, follow these guidelines:
- Plant in well-draining soil with lots of organic matter added to help retain moisture. Make sure your container has plenty of drainage holes and use a light potting mix if planting in a pot.
- Provide full sun for optimal growth, but this variety can also tolerate some shade if necessary.
- Water regularly during the growing season to keep the soil moist – this will ensure good flowering production and promote healthy plant growth overall.
- Fertilize once during the early summer months with an all-purpose fertilizer to keep plants looking their best throughout the season!
- Prune back spent flower stalks after blooms have faded to encourage reblooming and keep plants neat in appearance.
- Divide clumps every 3-4 years in spring or fall as needed to maintain good vigor in the plant over time.
Allium ‘Serendipity’ is an easy-care ornamental onion that adds beauty and color to any garden space – enjoy its petite clusters of stars all through late summer!
There are no reviews yet.