The ultimate potting soil—everything your plants need, in one bag. Ocean Forest® potting soil is a powerhouse blend of premium earthworm castings, bat guano, sea-going fish and crab meal. Plus aged forest products, sandy loam, and sphagnum peat moss give Ocean Forest® potting soil its light, aerated texture. This provides a premium mix of water retention and air space for your plants. Start with Ocean Forest® potting soil and watch your plants come alive!
Garden Tip from FoxFarm
Perfect for containers and ready to use right out of the bag. Ocean Forest® potting soil is pH adjusted at 6.3 to 6.8 to allow for optimum fertilizer uptake. There’s no need for nitrogen fertilizers at first. Instead try an organic blend like FoxFarm Happy Frog All-Purpose Organic Plant Fertilizer, to provide a slow release over time. This will encourage strong branching and a sturdy, healthy growth habit.
Basics of Soil
Soil is composed of five ingredients — minerals, organic matter, living organisms, air, and water.
- Minerals are the soil component that plants take up in order to grow.
- Organic matter is the decomposing residue of plants and animals. It provides the structure to hold minerals and plants in place.
- Living organisms break down minerals that plants can not take up to the forms that are easier for plants to use.
- Air is important in keeping the living organisms alive that aid in plant mineral take up.
- Water is the catalysis in which plants take up minerals.
Good soil requires a diversified mix of minerals, organic matter, living organisms, air, and water. Too much or too little of any one component can be detrimental to the health of your plants. Ocean Forest® potting soil contains all the necessary ingredients to grow great plants! Try some today for a better garden tomorrow.